Project: Kitchen / Diner Renovation
Dream Space: Spacious Kitchen / Diner, opening out onto rear decking
The Project: Following the success of Mr & Mrs Freeman’s loft conversion, we were asked to renovate their kitchen and dining room. Their 1930’s property had a separate kitchen and dining area, but due to little natural light was very dark and closed in. Their dream living space was to have a light and spacious kitchen/diner with folding, sliding doors that would open out into their back decking.
Their renovation involved removing the dividing wall, which included an old chimney breast. Extensive support bars where used and new steels inserted to support the bearing wall. As with their loft conversion, natural light and air was a paramount requirement. A large skylight was placed in the kitchen and a set of folding sliding doors replaced an old window in the dining area. To maximise the potential and use of this space, a second set of doors were installed at the back of their reception room. This gave the option to connect the outside space and kitchen/diner with the reception room for family gatherings or when required.
1 = Very dissatisfied – 5 = Very satisfied
1. Out of 5, could you please score, how satisfied you were with:
- A. Your finished conversion: 5
- B. Our ability to resolve any queries or concerns: 5
- C. Our ability to understand and work with you to achieve your exact requirements: 5
- D. Our level of customer care and service: 5
- E. The quality of work: 5
- F. Value for money: 5
2. Would you ever re-employ our services in the future?: YES
3. Would you ever recommend our services to family or friends?: YES
4. Would you be happy for other customers to view your conversion?: YES
5. Any other comments, feedback or suggestions: We love our loft – Excellence Loft Services did a brilliant job. They really listened to us and the result is a stunning space. They were also really nice chaps to have around. We will definitely use them again when we need any building work.